GBR Workwear is a Welsh based company selling, distributing and packaging footwear throughout Europe. The company has been trading for five years and currently employs twenty five staff. Our 35,000sqft distribution centre is located in Rhymney Gwent.
GBR Workwear recognises that environmental issues are of fundamental importance to a successful and responsible business strategy. Therefore, it is committed, through a process of continual improvement, to minimising the environmental impact of its operations. We have recently furthered our policy commitment by successfully implementing and passing the Green Dragon Environmental Standard - Level 2.
In line with this commitment GBR Workwear will...
- Ensure that its operations comply with all relevant legislation and defined Group Standards.
- Committed to preventing pollution by managing all environmental issues either at, or as close to, their source as practicable.
- We also strive to design and develop products, which have the minimum environmental impact during their manufacture, use and subsequent disposal.
- Minimise energy usage and waste wherever practicable.
- Reuse or recycle materials wherever practicable.
- Set environmental targets which it will strive to achieve.
- Seek to purchase goods and services from environmentally responsible suppliers.
- Communicate its environmental policy and practices to staff and interested external parties and at all sites of the organisation.
- Monitor progress using internal and external auditing and regularly report on its environmental management performance.
- Review its environmental policy on a regular basis
- Carry out the group self assessment on an annual basis and introduce action plans to resolve any issues identified